Sunday, June 10, 2007

Posting your kids pics online

I read a news article today on Yahoo! News that caused me to think - which is always a good thing for me! I have been careful about putting full names of my children online so that searches would not bring up any blog posts about them. This also goes for pictures as well. In fact, I don't typically name photos that I post online for this reason of anyone.

You can use a script (robots.txt) to turn search engines away. If you can do this, let me know how!

The article recommends three things to protect your privacy online regarding pictures you want to share:

1. Privacy settings - in Flickr you can make photos private so that only people you have invited to see them can.

2. Private photo and video sharing - "To share videos with family members and friends, try Motionbox, which has a private setting, and One True Media, which allows you to share videos on a personal TiVo channel."

Click here to read the entire article and please let me know what you think. Tye out.

No comments: