Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Staff meeting at Mr. Beans

First of all, let me say how much I love serving at New Covenant Bible Church! It is an awesome place to serve!

Yesterday we had our offsite half-day equipping staff meeting today at Mr. Beans in Marion. Mr. Beans has a conference room and free wi-fi. Is that utopia or what!

During this four hour meeting we eat, pray, and discuss strategic topics.

I love serving with servant leaders who "check their agendas at the door." We work together as a team for a common goal.

I especially like the fact that there are no "superstar, free agent types" on the team. There is no positioning and posturing - just a will and attitude to work together for the advancement of the kingdom of God.

Does your church staff sound like this? If so, you have a "one in a million" and we should thank God for what he has done! Tye out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved those staff meetings at Mr. Beans! Those were some good times.

Tye Male said...

Hey there!!! It's great to hear from you! How is your new gig going? Please stay in touch!!!

Love ya man!!!

Anonymous said...

Things are going well. I have the opportunity to work under a 31 year vet of youth ministry to grow and to learn from. He has been easing me into the ministry and the community quite well by trying to help me through the process of finding an apartment and helping me plan through the summer trips this summer. I am teaching youth group on Sunday morning this week only because he is preaching, but I am looking forward to it. The church is also amazing as the staff is really close and the congregation friendly.
Anyway, thanks for asking about things! How are things going in the Men's ministry and how are your kids?