Tuesday, September 19, 2006

T-Minus 9 hours & 4 minutes to Men's Fraternity Launch









Welp, tonight I am resting at home and thinking about what will be taking place in just a few hours. Starting May 4th I called 6 other men to join me at 6:30 AM to begin discussing the start up of a new ministry at NCBC that would be an entry point for men into men's ministry. Two weeks later we added two more men with a total of 8 plus myself. We worked through a mission statement, the structure of the leadership team, defining positions, and began strategizing toward a September 20 launch and here we are!

After weeks and weeks of planning and 4 successful pre-launches, tomorrow morning we will officially launch Men's Fraternity at 6 AM and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Our mission statement: Men’s Fraternity provides men with an encouraging process that equips and teaches them how to live lives of authentic manhood as modeled by Jesus Christ and directed by the Word of God.

We are praying for 200 men. There has been quite a buzz around the church and I can't wait to see how this is going to work out. Emails have been flying around, invites have been passed out and enewsletters have been sent. The donuts are ordered (8 dozen), table leaders have been identified, sound techs have been trained, and we are ready to launch! I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes!

For more information on the DVD series we chose to use you can go to www.mensfraternity.com and click on "Authentic Manhood."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pumped! It's funny because even Erin gets excited about wednesday mornings because i'm so excited!