Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you on 9/11












I was sitting in the music office of FBC working on music. Debbie Catanzarito walked in in tears saying something about a Cessna crashing into the World Trade Center and it being a terrorist attack. My initial response was like - "you've got to be kidding me. You think that a Cessna hitting a buidling of this size is a terrorist attack? Come on Debbie, that's a stretch."

Well, as we watched the news with total disbelief that an airliner had hit the tower I couldn't believe it. As we stood there watching, the second plane drove into the other tower. That was a sick feeling. I'll never forget it.

Our church had a Christian School and we locked the place down fearing what we didn't know what we should fear, but we needed to protect the children. As I went to teach my 9th-10th grade class I told them what had happened and that the world as we knew it would change drastically, and it has.

May we never forget this dark day and innocent lives of over 3k people who lost their lives in an hour's time. Please pray for our troops fighting the aggressor and for the families who have been impacted by not only 9/11 but also the war on terror.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tye,
I agree, we all need to remember these brave firefighters, police, and soldiers who daily fight to protect us. On 9-11, I remember being at work and hearing others talk about the original attack. Some of us gathered in a conference room to watch the news and all watched the horrific 2nd plane hitting. My first thought was my brother who was to be in that area for a meeting, but was called away to stay in his office. He told me about the guys who were there and the fear as they ran non-stop away from the trade centers as they collapsed. Thank goodness for a SAvior who saves us all no matter what