Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What is the name of your city?










It's been a while since I blogged a devo. I just finished the book of Ezekiel and a phrase caught my attention.

And the name of the city from that time on will be: The LORD is There . Ezekiel 48:35

This is speaking about the millenial kingdom when Christ will rule and reign from the throne of David. For thousands of years Christ has been rejected but one day he is coming back and will set up an eternal thone. And the name of the city from that time on will be: The Lord is There.

What about your city, spiritually speaking. The bible tells us that we are his temple (1 Cor 3:16) so let me ask you the question, "What name is on your city?" I'm not going legalistic on you here, so hang on. I wonder if people in your realm of influence know by your love and servant leadership that the name on your "city" is "The Lord is There"?

Love someone today in the name of Jesus. Serve someone today. Be a blessing to someone. Share the love of God with someone, and if necessary use words.


All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other. Jn 13:35NCV

1 comment:

Steve said...

Very good point, Tye. Remembering the "name of our city", or the first impression we give to others, is very important. Is it the love of Christ? Do people know Him by the words we use? By the actions we exhibit? Do we reflect the love of God and glorify Him through our actions?

I appreciate your message. Thank you.