Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blizzard warning!!!

As I mentioned in my last post, Cedar Rapids was starting to get some pretty serious weather. It kept getting worse all afternoon as everything got a glaze of ice, hence the photo. As you may know, this ice coats trees and limbs break off and snap power lines. Yup! We lost power around 6:30 PM and realized we had a short supply of candles and D batteries. Also, the gas tanks on the cars were both low. I did not heed the blizzrd warnings and prepare.

That is the way a lot of us are. We know that eating unhealthy foods will shorten our lives, but we keep doing it any way. It amazes me at how many young people take up smoking knowing that they are literally smoking their life away. We "hear" the warnings, but we don't heed them. (I'm a preacher, I can change, if I have to, I guess! - the preachers prayer adapted from Red Green's Man Prayer.)

2000 years ago Jesus Christ came at the exact time he was predicted to show up, did the exact things it was predicted he would do, and then died a cruel death on a Roman cross. And by doing this he paid for our sins because no amount of sacrificing and legalistic works could help me!

We are all terminal! Each and every one of us has an appointment with the undertaker. The real question is: have you accepted Jesus' free offer of eternal life? Why not do it now!

So you're probably wondering how everything turned out? Allyson and I hopped in the car and headed for Walmart (they were running on generators) where we got some batteries, Coleman fuel, and some candles. We pulled back into the driveway and the electric was back on! In any event we are now prepared! Bring it on! Tye out.

For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 The Net Bible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tye,

I loved the Red Green quote! I thought I was the only one who was up at 11:00 P.M. on Sundays watching the King Of Duct Tape!