Thursday, February 08, 2007

God's grace and leadership

God has given us our ministries. We don't have to prove our worth through our ministry, and we don't have to wallow in our mistakes. You don't have to earn your place as a pastor or leader in the church. - Rick Warren

I really appreciate this comment by Rick Warren. I have to confess that there are so many times in my life that I get bogged down trying to make God and people happy with me. I've made so many mistakes, said so many unkind and wrong things to people (even last night!), and continue to struggle in this warfare that we know is not flesh and blood, but is a satanic warfare.

Many times I can wholeheartedly agree with the apostle Paul when he talks about the struggle between what knows he should do and yet doesn't do it, and the bad that he should not do and yet continues to do that. Only by prayer, study, and full reliance on God can these things be overcome.

Thankfully, God sees us through the eyes of grace and mercy. That's where I get in. Tye out.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found,
Was blind, but now I see.

No comments: