Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day Sweetheart

I love Valentine's day because it gives me an opportunity to tell the women in my life how much I love them. I picked up cards and candy for each of my three daughters and wrote a personalized note to each. No card for Andrew - just Little Debbie cakes, his fave.

V-day started for Judy last week. I brought home a heart-shaped tin of chocolate to kinda get things kicked off. Then, on Saturday there was flowers - roses and carnations in a heart shaped vase.

Tuesday night we headed out for a little Valentine's celebration at a new restaurant for us - Texas Roadhouse. It was a great experience and we really enjoyed the atmosphere, service, and food. I was so happy to give Judy her Valentine's gift - a heart-shaped diamond necklace. I wish I could have given her more, but you know what they say - it's the thought that counts!

That brings us to tonight. I gave her a special V-day card with a note telling her how special she is to me. She really is! What a wonderful woman God has blessed me with. Happy Valentine's day to you and my wonderful family! Tye out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a LOT, Tye...

You make the rest of us look Soooo bad. My wife just read your blog and said, "Yeah, Dave...why don't you do something like that"!

Even though you set the bar so high, I want you to also know how thankful I am that you set such a good example for the rest of us. You are a man of integrity; you practice what you preach.

Tye Male said...

Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments Dave. Please know that I am a fellow struggler in this journey and I OFTEN get it wrong. Just ask Judy or one of the kids! Ha!