Thursday, December 20, 2007

44 days

Most of you know that I enjoy reading through the Bible every year and this year I am going to read through three times; once in the NIV, The Message, and the NET Bible. I use a website (www.biblereadthrough.org) to track my progress and also to challenge myself as well and it keeps track of the number of days you read in a row.

I broke my streak yesterday - 44 days. As I collapsed into bed around 10 PM last night after a long day it occurred to me that I had not read yet. I was bummed, but too tired to do anything about it. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is week.

This is where grace comes in. I love it when I keep a bible reading streak going but when life circumstances dictate otherwise, I have to let myself off the hook, get a good night's rest, and hit it again the next day.

I have a question for you. Where do you need grace in your life? Forgiveness? Why not ask God for whatever it is you need right now and then get on with trusting him to work in your life? There is never any point in beating yourself up.

Yesterday is forever past. Today is a new day. Let's get on with it!!! Tye out.

...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13b-14NIV

No comments: