Sunday, December 30, 2007

Speaking at New Covenant Bible Church today

WOW! I can't believe how fast time flies when I am giving the talk in church on Sunday. The 8 AM service went fairly well and the 9:20 AM went much better. I love the fact that I have four times to share the message because it takes so much work to get it ready for presentation.

I have had several people stop by and say how much they needed the message. There are so many people who live their lives under the weight of guilt and shame for things that have happened in the past. This guilt keeps them from reaching the full potential of what God wants for their lives!

God is a very compassionate and merciful God who is long suffering and cares deeply for us. His initial call to Adam and Eve after they sinned was "Where are you"?

God is saying the same thing today! Where are you? He wants to forgive and give you a fresh start.
It's time to head on back in. I usually grab a power bar before the 11 AM service so I have some energy! Tye out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job yesterday Pastor Tye. You really challenged me on how I isolate myself from people who need to hear the gospel. I need to be bolder. You made many other good points also. Thank you. Joe


P.S. We should get together sometime and hash out what we've learned from our recent study of Calvinism.