Sunday, December 23, 2007

A cell phone salesman sings incredible opera

Here at Tye's Jazz we don't typically do anything in the music realm that involves opera or orchestral style music but today I'm going to change that - just today only because I am in the "Christmas spirit."

Paul Potts blew away the judges and the audience on Britain's Got Talent (not the least of which was Simon Cowell) with an incredible operatic voice that brought tears to many people's eyes. (I'm not joking this time)

I've made comments in the past on posts about America Idol about some of the singers' performances and what I think constitutes an American Idol. I believe they should totally wow you and move you in a deep way like when Carrie Underwood, Kelley Pickler, and Kelly Clarkson perform. It's when Nadia Comaneci scores a perfect 10. ( I loved Nadia!)

Now it's your turn to be the judge. Does Paul have what it takes? Let me know what you think. Tye out.

No comments: