Thursday, December 27, 2007

Road Trip Christmas 2007

We went to Cincinnati for the holidays to visit family. It was a good trip, but it is good to be home. In all honesty it is hard to have a "family" Christmas when you are staying with someone else. But I know it is important for the kids to know their grandparents (and great-grandmother Pearl) so we made the 1050 mile round trip to do just that. (was I whining there?)

I had an especially good visit with my cousin Cindy Hargis on Christmas eve and it is so good to spend time with someone who for many years I did not even know. It is neat that we have so much in common. Great seeing you cous!

Christmas eve we spent time with the Nickloes clan (Judy's side) with prob about 25 people. Christmas morning we had our Christmas at Judy's parent's house where we stayed and then in the afternoon we saw my side of the family. We left Wednesday morning and got back around 3 PM.

Highlights:
  • Being with my family (mom, dad, grandma, brothers and their families)
  • Being with my family (Judy, Andrew, Allyson, Morgan, and Mackenzie)
  • Being with family (Judy's clan)
  • Seeing Cindy again
  • Eating at Skyline Chili - twice
  • Bob Evans - great breakfast
  • UDF ice cream
  • Watching back to back episodes of the office with Andrew
Next time I think we will plan our agenda ahead of time. There are some fun things to do in Cincy and because we had so many people and places to be it was kind of a "tail wagging the dog" syndrome. We'll see how it goes. Tye out.

No comments: