Monday, February 25, 2008

Embracing Faith Devo #14

Ed Luebe wrote today's Embracing Faith Devotional and you can read it by clicking here. Ed and I serve together on our Men's Fraternity leadership team and he, Christine and I were in the same small group together.

Today's passage is a very familiar one in 1 Corinthians 12 where Paul makes the analogy of the body to the church. While the body has many different parts (eyes, ears, arms, feet) it is still one body and members belong and are significant. The same goes for the church body - many members, yet one body.

We have a tendency to think that those who have public gifts (singing, teaching, tooting their own horn like me!) are somehow more important than those who have less public gifts (praying, passing the offering plate, making snacks/crafts for the children).

This ain't true.

As far as Embracing Faith goes, I have taken from this that no financial gift is insignificant. Our financial picture is much less than the best right now and for us Embracing Faith will be just that. I have to quit thinking that I wish I could do more, but rather be thankful that I can what I can do - with God's help. Tye out.

For just as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body – though many – are one body, so too is Christ. I Corinthians 12:12

No comments: