Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Embracing Faith update

The passage today was Colossians 1:15-20 which I have read numerous times and have even studied it in the Greek. But this morning as I was doing my devo a verse 18 spoke to me:

...so that he himself may become first in all things. Colossians 1:18b NET Bible

The "he" is Jesus Christ. He deserves to have first place in all things, including my life. I have a tendency to throw myself into things without first asking guidance from my heavenly father.

This Embracing Faith stuff is going to be a real stretch for us as a family. But I want sooo much to be part of this journey and I am going to be asking God to guide us through this time.

Lord, I want you to have first place in EVERYTHING in my life. Give me the strength to trust in you completely. Tye out.

No comments: