Friday, February 15, 2008

Embracing Faith update #6

As I sit here getting ready for a long day working at Panera, I have contemplated the 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 where Paul is making a case for the resurrection. Our hope of the Christian faith is futile if Christ did not raise from the dead. In fact Paul states that without the resurrection of the dead we are to pitied as men. why? Because we lived a life of sacrifice, followed a false leader, in Paul's case he had received many beatings and been treated terribly - all in the name of Christ. If there is no resurrection of the dead then why are we going through all this suffering?

I am "Embracing Faith" today because of a person, Jesus Christ, who did in fact raise from the dead on the third day. My faith is rooted and grounded in him.

My challenge today is to have a good attitude as I work at Panera all day today to provide for my family, to thank god for the strength and health to be able to do so. And then again, I can never base my faith in my ability to work and earn a living. My faith MUST be in Jesus Christ alone!

If you see me working at Panera today, ask me if I am "Embracing Faith!" Tye out.

No comments: