Saturday, February 02, 2008

General George S. Patton quote of the week

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George Patton Jr

We have been doing Yogi Berra quotes for a while and I thought it might be time to take a break. I was searching the web for a quote by General George S. Patton, Commander of the 3rd Army in France during WWII when I came across a whole page of quotes by the late Patton and many of them are really good and relevant to leaders today.

Disclaimer - I do not agree with everything Patton said or did. He had a vast vocabulary that I will be editing so as not to offend anyone. However, his military successes speak for themselves and some of the things that make a leader successful are immortalized in some of his quotes. I will be taking the quotes from a website that you can see by clicking here. I hope you enjoy these quotes as much as I have.

No comments: