Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Embracing Faith update devo #4

I hope you were able to read Doug Forret's devo on today's verse, Colossians 2:6-7. Click here to read it. He talks about how a tree that is planted by water does not have deep roots and he compared this to how we can begin to trust in God's blessing rather than in God himself.

As I read the verses, the thing that stuck out to me was the fact that I have a tendency to compare myself to others and then I become less thankful for what God has done for me. If my life is truly rooted and established in Christ only, then "things" matter less and less.

As I wrestle with this "Embracing Faith" stuff I am going to have to truly rely on God to see us through. In fact, we are going to be making an Embracing Faith commitment totally by faith. There is no way around it. Tye out.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
dColossians 2:6-7 NIV

No comments: