Tuesday, October 31, 2006

10 things to say to your wife

I'm reading The Power of a Praying Husband right now and came across something I thought could help the men reading my blog - all three of them. : )

Have you ever wondered what to say when your wife is upset or hurting in some way? I have. Often I take it personally not understanding that there are usually issues behind the hurt that I probably didn't have anything to do with. We try to reason, explain, rationalize and these do not work! Our wives are emotional beings and that frustrates us men.

So, here are ten things you might say to your wife when things aren't going so hot for her:

1. I love you
2. You are the greatest woman in the world to me!
3. You're beautiful when you're moody/upset.
4. Tell me what's on your mind and I promise not to get mad.
5. How have I let you down?
6. How can I make it up to you?
7. Have you been getting enough sleep? [I'm not so sure about this one]
8. What would make you happy right now?
9. I don't have all the answers. But God does.
10. Do you want to pray about this together?
(The Power of a praying Husband by Stormie Omartian, pp79-80)

I would probably add one to this list; "Will you tell me what you are feeling right now?" (Thanks Dixon Murrah!)

These are not simple formulas to plug in to your marriage for a quick fix. They are, however, some things to say when you're not really sure what else to say. Let me know if you have one that you would add to the list. Tye out.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Eph 5:25 NIV

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. 1 Cor. 10:24 NIV

1 comment:

G'pa Bob said...

I like them all but 9 and 10 stand out, Tye.