Thursday, October 05, 2006

Jazz to the Max













Lexi Forstrom, Me, Kris Rutt
(Click on the pic for a slideshow)


Tonight I had the privilege of playing with a jazz band downtown at the IMAX called the Iowa Vanguard Jazz Collective. We played Billy Strayhorn to Sammy Nestico. Click on the pic above to view a slideshow. Again, thanks to Kim Pagel for taking pics and posting them.

It has been pure joy getting to play my fave music in the world - big band. It is challenging, fun to play, and the other players are incredible.

If you're not doing anything, head on down to the IMAX on either the first or third Thursday evening for an awesome evening of jazz music. Thanks to Lynne and Peter Hart for organizing this band so people like me can enjoy playing this kind of music and keep my reading chops up at the same time.

P.S. I am giving Lexi lessons and she came down tonight and I had her sit next to me so she could see what it's like to play in a section. Thanks for coming down Lexi!

No comments: