Monday, October 16, 2006

The Power of a Praying Wife - part 1















I know it seems kinda strange that me, a guy, would be telling you that I just finished reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian but I want you to know that his book is a MUST READ for all women! Bill and Cheryl Currie gave Judy a copy and told me it would be good for me to read it, so I did. Check it out. Here is a woman that has actually come to some udnerstanding about how to encourage men! Listen to these quotes from Omatian's book:

I began to pray every day for Michael [her husband], like I had never prayed before. Each, though, I had to confess my own hardness of heart. I saw how deeply hurt and unforgiving of him I was. I don't want to pray for him. I don't want to ask God to bless him. I don't want to ask God to bless him. I only wnat God to strike his heart with lightning and convict him of how cruel he has been, I thought. I had to say over and over again, "God, I confess my unforgiveness toward my husband. Deliver me from all of it." (p17)

That's it! it all starts with forgiveness and we need it as much as anyone. When we pray for someone else God usually reveals our own self-centeredness and sin! We cannot change another person so stop trying! We can however submit our lives to God and in faith pray for those around us.

Check out another quote.

Don't write off the marriage. Ask God to give you a new husband. He is able to take the one you have and make him a new creation in Christ. We have God's pwer on our side. We don't have to leave our marriages to chance. We can fight for them in prayer and not give up, because as long as we are praying, there is hope.

This is an awesome book that every woman should read. It is chocked full of helpful tips, advice, and encouragement. You have a partner in life when you read her book. Let me know what you think!

Tye out.

No comments: