Monday, October 16, 2006

Power of Praying Wife - Part 2











I really enjoyed The Power of a Praying Wife. Let me give you another quote from the book that kinda stopped me in my tracks. Now I have read such things in men's books before, but never in a book for women. It's actually kinda reverse chauvinistic and really caught me off guard. Check it out. In the chapter on "His Priorities" she makes this statement: When it comes to your husband, it's not so much a matter of how much time you take, but that you do take time to make him feel like he is a priority. (p128)

Now check out what she says next - I can't believe this ever made it past the editors!!!

Just greeting him first thing in the morning with a smile and a hug can make him feel he's important to you. So is asking him, [tighten your seat belt] "Is there anything you want me to do for you today?" (p128) (brackets mine)

If you want your husband to love you more, you need to love him more. It always works, especially if you're praying about it as well.

That's servant leadership!!! This scares most people off! But I want you to know that it really does work. Again, can you imagine a world where everyone tries to out serve one another?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure Stormie's book is a MUST READ for all women -- single women probably won't get much out of it. Just a thought.