Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Servant Leadership for Teams

(this is taken entirely from Desktop Devotions from Servant Leadership)

Since I'm a little pressed for time today, here is the devotional that I received today from the fine people at Lead Like Jesus.

Trust is also a key factor in the successful implementation at the team level. Without the outcome of trust developed in the one-on-one relationship, empowerment will never happen. Individuals in the group will never “empower” each other to accomplish an assigned task if they do not trust each other. (Inspiring thoughts from Lead Like Jesus: Beginning the Journey Participant’s Study Guide - Page 17)


For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. And for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 2 Timothy 1:5-7

PRAY: Father, teach me to trust You more each day so that I can display, for those I lead, my trusting relationship with You. Give me all the trust I need for this day and expand it in the days to come. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

No comments: