Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Amish offer forgiveness to Roberts and the family in slaying of children


















I'm not surprised by what I just heard in the news - online Yahoo! News. In an interview with a buggy maker who works in the community where this terrible tragedy occurred we hear first hand how the Amish react to such evil and violence and I must admit I'm not surprised. Here's what this Amish gentleman shared with CNN:

In forgiveness there is healing...it's an understatement to say there has been a terrible hurt and so many times when folks are hurt they can become angry...we have a choice to do what Jesus would have done or we might do some other way. I don't think there is anyone here who wants to do anything but forgive and not only reach out to those who have suffered a loss in that way, but to reach to the family of the man who committed these acts.

What an example of Christian love. I wish we could all have this kind of forgiveness for those who have wronged us. I agree with this Amish man - There is healing in forgiveness.

Jesus said, "Father, forgive these people, because they don't know what they are doing." And the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice. Luke 23:34 NLT

No comments: