Monday, October 16, 2006

It's all about me!

Yesterday was the 45th anniversary of my birthday and what a birthday it was! I get to play my sax in Brass Line once a month (click here to listen, then click on the media player on the left) so I was at the church at 6:45 AM. We played in three services in the morning and one in the evening and it was so much fun. Then there was a memorial service at 1:30 then back home to veg. Back to the church at 4 PM, but a quick stop at Panera for my weekly IC Mocha! Brass Line warm up at 4:30, service at 5 PM, Adult Singles ABF Leadership team at 6:30 PM and home by 8:30. WHEW!

In the five o'clock service Ed Luebe had me come up front and the church sang happy birthday to me - I felt bad for James Wartian who celebrated the big 4-0 this week. Thanks Ed - I owe you one - wink, wink.

I love being 45! I love the beautiful wife of 21 years God has given me and the four incredible extremely gifted and talented children he gave me. I love the ministry God has given me! I love serving on staff at New Covenant Bible church with other servant leaders. I love being in a place where I am challenged to grow in my leadership. It's especially exciting to be back playing my sax again. Wow!

Tye out.

No comments: