Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A name change for my blog!










Well, in just a little over a year now I have been blogging on blogger. I started out with the title "Pastor Tye's Weekly Update." When we were told that we would have to leave First Baptist church in Medina I eventually started sending out an email to prayer partners and friends who helped hold us up in prayer. It eventually evolved into a weekly email called "Pastor Tye's Weekly Update" and included updates about our family, a devo that I wrote, and job search news. I think the last one I sent out was update #51.

Once I was hired by New Covenant Bible Church I only sent out updates about once a month. Then I started blogging and it was easier to have people look at the blog. Then, came a watershed moment when I was leading a "Lead Like Jesus" small group and I changed the name to "Tye's Weekly Update" because we were challenged to not pursue titles before our names like the Pharisees of Jesus' day. Just call me Tye! I don't need titles!

Welp, in an effort to keep up with the Jones's, I am now going to get a domain name registered so i am going to change my blog title again.

Since I love Jazz music and the Lord is just opening up one door after the next - including having my horn overhauled and getting a tenor for future band jobs - I thought it would be appropriate to have something that has jazz in the title. I thought of: pastorsjazz.com. That was kinda weird. Then we came up with tyesjazz.com. i still haven't purchased the domain yet, but will very soon.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

No comments: