Thursday, October 19, 2006

My 5 year plan and the power of a praying husband


















I just started Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Husband and I can't wait to get into it. The truth of the matter is that I have not done a good job praying for my wife and family, although I have made improvements this year. I really want to go to the next level in my prayer life, so pray for me. Since I just started the book, I don't have a lot to review, but wanted to challenge you with this quote on page 25:


Whatever you don't pray about in your life you leave up to chance. And that's not good enough when it comes to your marriage.

I am wrapping up my 5 year strategic plan this morning and afternoon. I don't do ministry by chance - there's a plan. That made me wonder about my strategic plan for prayer and my marriage. hmmm. I think I'll work on my 5 year strategic plan for prayer next week. Any ideas?
Tye out.

1 comment:

Steve said...

That's a great idea, Tye! I just read a forwarded email about how our lives would be different if we treated our bible like our cell phones. If we took it everywhere, opened it up more than once a week, etc. I think it is the same principle with our marriages. If we treated our married life like we do our professional life (goals, vision, planning, etc.) we'd be so much more effective and happy.

I'm not suggesting that we become over zealous and "professionalize" everything... but what's wrong with a 1-2 page 5 year strategic plan?? How do you know where you're going if you don't have a map?

I wholeheartedly agree with you, man! Great idea!