Thursday, May 10, 2007

This video made me sad - and motivated me to act!

I was over at Eric Bramlett's blog checking out his comments on American Idol and I scrolled down and saw this video. Please take a moment to watch it, and then come on back. Click here to watch.

They have done parody videos of the Mac vs. PC commercials and they are incredible. Click here to see the first one. There are several now so make sure you check them all out.

As followers of Jesus Christ we have to be proactive at dispelling the "bad rap" Christianity has taken because of the past. And how do we do that?

Genuine love. We have to stop judging the world and start loving it. The people that I interact with don't need someone preaching to them. They need someone to love them.

How about it? Are you loving people? Do you know your neighbors names? needs? Let's share the love of Christ with as many people as we can and let's start today!


Everyone will know by this that you are my disciples – if you have love for one another. John 13.35 Net Bible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad, yes. Surprising, no. Didn't Jesus say that they hated Me before they hated you?
"Everyone will know by this that you are my disciples – if you have love for one another. John 13:35 Net Bible"
Pastor Tye, that passage is so true. The lost are so starved for what true love is. They need to see it in us, the believer. That will draw them to Christ fast! I also agree that we need to love our neighbor as we love ourselves. It is an awesome resposibility that we have been given and sometimes it can be very difficult.
We just need to realize that Jesus has already enabled us to do it.
As far as those who dislike Christians so much, I just don't think we can do anything about that, except wait for the movement of the Holy Spirit in their lives. That to me is comforting. God is in complete control and He is not up in heaven wringing His hands because of peoples wrong veiws of what a "Christian" is.
Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:44. God's
perfect grace, Gods perfect plan. I rest on that. That is why it is so imperative that when we share the good news we use the word of God, it alone saves. It will turn some people off. It will also save. God's word is sufficient. To me that's what true Christian love is. Are we willing to share God's gospel to the point that some will hate us? Joe