Monday, November 20, 2006

I met yet another servant leader!!!











Me and H.B. London


I am privileged to serve on the executive board of L.C.A.E. (Linn County Association of Evangelicals). Now don't get too excited and send me cards of congrats for my "appointment" because I'm kind of a glorified dog catcher on the board. I greet people at the monthly meetings and take out the trash. I just count it a privilege to get to be there each time! I love it!

Anyways, LCAE just hosted H.B. London with Focus on the Family's Pastor to Pastor division. HB is James Dobson's 1st cousin and about 15 years ago they established a ministry to pastors. On Wednesday night Judy and I together with about 10 others from the executive board had dessert with HB. You can click on the pic for a slideshow of pictures from the meetings on Thursday.

At the dessert I was able to personally thank HB for his ministry there because on at least three different occasions I had to call with issues I didn't know what to do with. Each time the pastor/counselor spent lots of time on the phone with me and each time recommended a book which they sent to me for free! And they didn't even ask for my credit card number! Praise the Lord for this awesome ministry to pastors!

BTW, in getting to know HB I soon discovered that he was a servant leader! I love servant leaders! Thanks HB for your ministry and investment in my life!

No comments: