Thursday, November 23, 2006

Top Ten Reasons I'm Thankful











left to right: Robin, Dan, & me, Donna, Ken, me, Andrew

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Also, happy thanksgiving to my wife and daughters who travelled to Cincy to spend the weekend with her family. So, today Andrew and I spent the afternoon with Ken and Donna Smejkal where we ate lunch and watched Gladiator, something we have been hoping to do for months! Then, it was off to the Koskamps for dessert. Thanks for the pecan (correctly pronounced pee-can) pie Robin! It was delicious! Now we're home, kicked back watching Deal or No Deal. (I know, I'm hopeless.)

So, what am I thankful for? Actually, I can't think of one thing I'm not thankful for. So, here is my top ten reasons I am thankful:

1. Jesus because he took away my sins
2. My wonderful wife of 21+ years
3. For four incredible kids! (Andrew, Allyson, Morgan and Mackenzie)
4. The opportunity so serve at New Covenant Bible Church
5. The Bible - it's my operator's manual for life
6. The opportunity to use my musical skills at church
7. The opportunity to use my musical skills in some bands around here
8. For the broken road that led me to Iowa
9. All my friends at New Covenant Bible Church - thank you so much for being there for me and my family
10. My health (last but not least)

Tye out.

...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Th 5:18NIV

No comments: