Friday, November 17, 2006

Sony's PS3 Hits today - the REAL story

So, I'm over at Starbucks this morning around 7 AM sipping on a decaf Americanna whatever that really tasted good when I can't help but notice people and tents lined up at Best Buy across the street. Did I fall asleep and sleep straight through Thanksgiving and now it's the day after? I hope not.

A young guy told me in Starbucks that they were releasing for sale Sony's latest and greatest game, PS3. People started lining up on Wednesday to get their playstation this morning. The problem seems to be that Sony only manufactured 400k of them with promises for more soon.

But the real story? E-bay. People are so desperate to get these games apparently they are willing to pay huge sums of money to get their hands on one. I just checked a few minutes ago and one of the systems had a current bid of $7600. WHAT!!! Wow, people love their games.

So, if you spent 48 hours camped out in line to get one of these babies, what would you stand to make as profit? That's about $146 an hour profit!!! Not a bad day, night, day, night's work.

Tye out.

P.S. Most of them are going for around $2-3K.

No comments: